Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pet Express

Lily Bun and I at Pet Express.
I had nothing better to do yesterday so I took my dog, Lily Bun, out for a check-up and some well-deserved and definitely long-overdue pampering. Been wanting to try this place called Pet Express. I chanced upon it a few weeks ago during an expo at the SMX Convention Center.

Pet Express is located at the south wing of SM Mall of Asia. It is this huge store that sells all kinds of local and imported stuff from pet food to grooming essentials to vitamins and medicines to pet coutures to beds and tents and the whole nine yards. It also has this big grooming station and a veterinary clinic which I find really cool and convenient because it's basically a one-stop shop. I never left that place without buying anything for Lily. So many cool stuff, i promise!



You can shop and go around with your pets. 

I love the concept of the place. It is really convenient because everything is there and it is a pet friendly place. It's also a place for dogs to socialize. Lily, however, is not very sociable as she is not used to being around dogs. I think Lily had a great time while we were shopping around. Put her inside the cart so that it would be easier for us to move around. I was able to get her food, treats, a bag, her favorite pet milk, and a new harness. 

From L to R: Lily's new baby book, Doc Lily checking Lily Bun's temperature

After shopping, I had Lily checked by the vet at the clinic inside the store. Apparently, the vet and Lily share the same name. :) She weighed Lily Bun and did all the necessary check ups for a dog. Consultation fee is priced at Php 350. It's a one-time payment for regular check-ups. How cool is that? All their doggy vaccines are on 20% discount til the end of September. So she gave Lily the 8-in-1 vaccine and the anti-rabies vaccine. I also got her dewormed. All in all I spent Php 1500+ on consultation, deworming and the vaccines. Not bad. 

I wasn't able to take photos of the grooming because I was really tired by then. I did not expect that there would be a lot of pets waiting to be groomed when I got there. Lily and I arrived at the shop around 3 pm and we finished at 9 pm. So lessons learned. Always book an appointment. 

A newly-groomed Lily Bun. :)

They groom pretty well. I like how they would first take the dog's blood pressure and have the vet check for any illnesses before putting them in line with the other dogs to avoid contamination with other dogs.  Anyway, below is a before and after picture of Lily. Pretty cool huh?

Quoting my friend Cali, "from scruffy to fluffy"

Pet Express has a few branches up already but I like going to SM Mall of Asia because it's their biggest branch. I highly recommend this place for dog and cat owners. They take very good care of the pets there. :)

2 comments: