Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Taste of Korea

First Time: Korean delicacies

Yesterday, my friend Kim invited me to have dinner at this Korean restaurant in Makati . I have never tried Korean food before and since i'm almost always up for something new, I accepted the invite.

Pardon me for missing out on the details and names of the things I have tried last night. Was really exhausted and hungry from work so I did not make any effort to take lots of pictures and make a mental note of the things I had.

All I remember was Kim brought me to this restaurant located in this little Korean community near Rockwell. I had no idea what to order so I told Kim to order whatever is good, so he ordered Samgyeopsal.  It's basically pork that was fried on the little stove thingamajig on our table. The waitress came out with a plate of two kinds of lettuce, two kinds of sauces and a whole bunch of side dishes. Apparently, the side dishes were free. Cool.

Kimchi
Of course we also had Kimchi on our table, but remember how i said I am almost always up for something new? Kimchi ain't one of them. I did not have enough guts to try it out last night. Probably next time.

After dinner, we went to this Korean KTV place just a block away from the restaurant. It was a pretty chill place and their song lists are very updated! I was very pleased. Wish we stayed a little longer. We left after a few hours and headed to Resorts World for some easy money. But that's another story.

I would love to try more Korean delicacies. My friend Des was telling me about this dish she liked so much. I'll probably order that the next time I eat in a Korean restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment