Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year-Ender Obligatory Post: 2011, The Year That Was

So it's New Year's Eve and both my Facebook and Twitter feeds are all about how great 2011 was and how people are looking forward to an even better 2012. I'm mostly non-conformist but I feel as though I have to give credit where it's due. 2011, was after all, am awesome year for me. 

I'm not about to give a blow by blow account of how my 2011 has been. If I can just describe the year that was in one word, it's AWESOME.

2011 was definitely not a walk in the park. Things did not always go as planned nor end up the way I wanted and hoped it to be. I lost a bunch of people who are very dear to me. Sure, it was tough but it can't be forever raining now, can it? Towards the end of the year, I realized that despite how things turned out, i gained more than what I lost. Truly, things always work out for the best. :)

The Big Guy up there has been gracing me generously with blessings I seriously think I do not deserve. I have nothing but overflowing gratitude towards Him. Never has He left me with nothing. He's always, always, and i mean ALWAYS provided something for me all the time.


So I was multi-tasking and browsing my photos on Facebook while drafting this blog and I just realized how 2011 was a very interesting year for me. Here's are the highlights:

I sang in Church for the first time for my former boss' wedding.

I was able to be part of UST's 400th year celebration


 
I took part in a medical mission and was able to circumcise eight little boys

 
I travelled and went to the beach all by myself. Got to meet a really cool bunch of people.

 
Two of my childhood friends got married! They were high school sweethearts.

One of my closest girlfriends got married and moved to the US to be with her hubby


I celebrated my quarter of a century! Twenty-five years baby!

 
 I finally found a job that i love and enjoy.

            
  It also comes with the coolest bunch of people to work with. 

I went to Bohol for the very first time and got to see the infamouse Chocolate Hills (which were not so chocolatey during the time I went), and the cute little tarsiers! They look like Yoda!

Last but most definitely not the least, the biggest highlight of 2011: NEW FRIENDS!

The '41th' floor crew





So thank you, 2011! Thank you, Lord for the year that was and thank You because I know 2012 is gonna be soooo damn epic, it's gonna knock my socks off. I claim it! So end of the world or not, let's go by the song and party 2012 away like it's the end of the world! Cheers!

Wishing everyone a spectacular 2012 that is beyond awesome! Happy 2012, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment